Supports multiple Protocols
What do you fly, Futaba, JR/DFA, Spektrum, Graupner, Jeti or Multiplex. Whatever you fly, Smart Bus has you covered. With the ability to change the protocol at the touch of a button, the Smart Bus RRS system can be easy changed from model to model with different receivers in each.
Twenty Six fully assignable and programmable outputs
Looking at that next big project and wondering how you’re going to power all those servos, the Smart Bus RRS system is equipped with 26 fully programmable outputs, all via a single cable connected to your receiver. Each channel is freely assignable to any input and can be reversed and matched to any other channel on the Smart Bus RRS. Building that next giant scale model Smart Bus RRS has got it covered.
Easy to Use
Smart Bus RRS comes with pre-configured channel mapping that matches your chosen radio brand so model setup is really simple. Of course for advanced setups all 26 channels can freely assigned to any transmitter channel.
Smart Bus RRS gives you live feedback of both your batteries on your radio. Monitor the voltage and capacity used out of each of your batteries at any time during the flight. Ensure your batteries are ready for the next flight.*
The Next standard in servo Matching.
In the RC industry precision is key. How can you expect to be precise when no two servos are identical, giving you varied results no matter how well you mechanically match them. Match your servos across 15 individual points, with 8000 step resolution and you can finally achieve matched perfection on your elevators, flaps, multi-engines and more. Take the hassle out of your new setup and have a model that raises your skills.
Sub-trim and reverse on all outputs
Ever spent hours, mechanically matching servos and never being able to get them just right or had to use a separate channel on your receiver, just to reverse a servo. With our intuitive and simple setup you can easily sub-trim at the centre and end-points of all your outputs on the Smart Bus RRS. Using Smart Bus RRS you can individually reverse your servos at a touch of a button. Smart Bus RRS gives you ultimate power at your fingertips.
Regulated voltage gives you precise, repeatable, results.
It is hard to be the best with a model that changes. With our high powered 220A regulator FETS we remove the change and give you pure constant regulation. As batteries are used their voltage drops, changes in voltage mean changes in speed and power of your servos. Regulating ensures your model is the same time after time.
RRS - Redundant Receiver technology
Smart Bus RRS is the safest in signal sharing technology, the redundant receiver system ensures your model by utilising two receivers. Unlike other power systems Smart Bus RRS reads signal from both receivers at all times and runs an intelligent algorithm to select the best signal.
In the unlikely event that a receiver fails then Smart Buss switches to the better receiver in less than one signal frame to ensure you will have constant control of your model. Reliability is key with models today, with our redundant receiver system you can ensure your model is always reporting back to you.
With Smart Bus all receiver events are recorded and remain even when powered down so you can review receiver health and signal strength between flights.
Vibrant colour touch screen display.
Gone are the days of fiddly buttons and rotating dial frustrations, no more bind plugs and small screw drivers needed. The vibrant Smart Display gives you feedback and simple programming all in one touch screen display. With intuitive buttons and a single setup design. Your model will be in the air before you know it.
SmoothFlite flight system (Gyro).
The SmoothFlite is much more than just a gyro. It is a complete flight system that harnesses the power of a 3 axis gyro, 3 axis accelerometer, 3 axis compass and a barometer. the combination of the state-of-the art devices and our proprietary SmoothFlite algorithms give you a very scale like flying experience.
SmoothFlite key features:
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) takes the guess work out of setting up gain levels. Set up your gain for normal flying and SmoothFlite AGC takes it from there increasing and decreasing gain based on our proprietary algorithms. Switch to high gain for landings and know that SmoothFlite has your back with AGC reducing and increasing gain as required.
- Advanced Vibration Filtering Calculations (VFC). Every RC model has different vibration levels. A gas model will produce much more vibration than an electric or turbine powered model. SmoothFlite takes all this into consideration.
- Inertia Calculations. SmoothFlite take into account the weight of a model with advanced algorithms to give you mode la very scale like flight envelope.
- Freely Assignable SmoothFlite control to any or all 26 programmable servo channels. SmoothFlite is the only system available today that allows you assign gyro control to any and all outputs. Here is a typical example. At the touch of a button you can assign gyro control to multiple rudder servos as well as steering servo. You can then reverse, sub trim, move endpoint (all from the SmoothFlite system) The result being you then have gyro assisted control of ground steering as well as rudder.
- Second Variable Gain Control (VGC). Our engineers fly all types of models and realised that SmoothFlite will be used with many different flying styles so we decided to add in a Variable Gain Control VGC so you can boost or cut the already switchable gain settings. This is like having a variable turbo control to hyper boost or cut on the fly for super low speed flight.
- Proportional Control - is a switchable feature that reduces gain as the control stick moves away from the centre position. This give the pilot more control at outer stick positions.
SmoothFlite comes with an option of 3 sequencers.
- Sequencer 1 (Gear Sequencer) gives you 9 sequencer channels freely assignable to any of the 26 servo outputs.
- Sequencer 2 (Canopy Sequencer) gives you 4 sequencer channels freely assignable to any of the 26 servo outputs.
- Sequencer 3 (Aux Sequencer) maybe for bomb drop or Speed brake and chute deployment gives you an additional 4 sequencer channels freely assignable to any of the 26 servo outputs.
SmoothFlite - Giant Scale RC just got better.
To see all the Advanced Features in detail please download the user guide
* Redundant Receiver system – works with dual or single receiver system
* Mutli-protocol support SBus2,DSMX,XBus,HoTT and EXBus
* Telemetry ready
* 26 fully programmable and assignable channels
* Works with single or dual battery configuration.
* Works with all battery chemistries. LiFe. LiPo, Lion, NiMh, NiCD.
* Full Dual Battery Redundancy - If one battery fails the other battery takes full control..
* Vibrant Colour 2.4inch diagonal touch screen with 64k colour
* Screen case dimensions 3.4 x 2.0 x 0.5 inches (86 x 50 x 12)mm
* Smart Bus dimensions 4.2 x 3.0 x 0.9 inches (107 x 78 x 23)mm
* Smart Bus weight (108gms) without colour screen.
* Triple regulator design with dual 100A power regulator FETS.
* Multi-match technology.
* Advanced Radio Proprietry Smart Bus algorithms.
* Optional sequencer package providing 3 sequencers.